2011-12-23

[T] Do it for you...

Why would I do anything for anyone's approval? Better question - why would you?

These people don't care about you enough to tell you that you could do so much better for yourself, if you just did what you wanted - not what they thought you should do.

I feel like I don't know you anymore. Any of you.

You would never need to gain my approval. Because I liked you for who you were... just you... no bullshit behind it. People's opinions are nothing more than that. You don't need to look or talk or act differently expecting certain people to change the way they think of you.

You're better than that.
Or at least, I thought you were.

You should know that it doesn't matter what people think of you, or whether or not they like you, respect you, or even acknowledge you. You should be able to accept that, understand that, appreciate that.

You should know that there are people who will still be there for you, no matter how many times you mess up. I'd be one of those people. I'd forgive you regardless. Because I understand. Because I actually care.

But you know what? It probably doesn't matter that I'm saying this... because you do care what people think of you. And you choose to ignore the opinions that don't go along with what those people think.

That's fine.
But when you realize you're so much better than that, how will it feel when there's no one to share that with?

Before you decide to go through with something, think about whose approval you really need.

Do it for you.