2011-12-23

[T] Focus

What will it take for you to realize how serious this is?
The championship titles aren't the most important thing here.
Maybe you DON'T understand what this is about.

The reason why we got as far as we did - the reason why we have those banners on our walls, the trophies in our case - it's because we worked hard to get them... and even harder to keep them.

I've never been so disappointed in my life.
I had thought things would just work out, like they did before.

This team is not the same team I was a part of.
This team looks differently, acts differently, performs differently.

And I don't like it.

So much gets in the way of what's really important.

The purpose.
Our purpose.

To wrestle with heart. No matter what. No matter who the opponent is.
Just wrestle hard and wrestle smart.
And DON'T give up. Ever.

It's disrespectful to give up in a match against a tougher opponent. To them, to your coach, to your whole team... AND to yourself.

You should always train your hardest at practice, because then your matches won't be a problem. You perform the way you practice - it's that simple.

Never expect things to be handed to you. Not a round. Not a match. Not a medal. And definitely NOT a championship title.

I'm honestly so disgusted by the feeling I get surrounded by this team. You're nothing like the team I knew, the FAMILY I knew. We worked well off the mat because we worked well on the mat.

If it takes losing something so important for you all to realize what went wrong... I hate to be the one to say this, but maybe that should happen.

Everyone just needs to stop trying to bring outside life inside the lines of the mat. Wrestle on the mat, live your life off of it. Too many distractions are present - just let it all go and wrestle.

Forget relationships.
Forget school.
Forget all the unimportant things.

Focus.